DetailsEncourage students to develop collaborative problem-solving skills with STEAM Project-Based Learning! The engaging STEAM tasks provide meaningful learning opportunities for students as they work together to study current real-world problems and strategize solutions to help create a better world.
These complete units include in-depth activities that provide important context for students as they learn about each topic before they develop solutions. Each robust unit includes a hands-on STEAM task that provides students with a problem to solve using the design process of Problem and Task, Research, Brainstorm and Design, Make It and Explain It.
Additional resources in each unit include:
• Teacher Page with a unit overview and implementation suggestions
• Real-World Connection that introduces the topic with a fictional story
• What Is the Problem? page to help students brainstorm solutions to the issue
• Learn About the Problem page that provides detailed information about the problem in the real world
• Art Connection that incorporates creativity into finding solutions
• Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math connections that present additional information about how these fields are used to solve problems
• Career Spotlight that presents a variety of careers related to the problems or solutions in the unit
Sixth grade STEAM projects include:
• Music education
• Making places safer
• No transportation
• Nowhere to skate
STEAM Project-Based Learning is an approach to project-based learning that uses science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics to engage children in empathizing, thinking critically, and collaborating to develop solutions. Teaching children how to think creatively prepares them for new unknown technologies, industries, and careers. With STEAM activities and tasks, the final product is not as important as the process. Through the process of experimenting and exploring, students are using creative and critical thinking skills. Scientists, mathematicians, engineers, and artists use the same critical thinking skills to find new and innovative solutions.
Each book includes a STEAM puzzle and a completion certificate!
- Additional Information
UPC 023472031167 ISBN 9781645141921 Brand Evan-Moor Mfr Part Number EMC3116 Language N/A Color N/A Season N/A Holiday N/A Theme Other Subject N/A Collection N/A Age No Grade No Media Mail No Aliases No
- Find More
- See all of the Evan-Moor products we carry in our teacher supplies manufacturer section.
- Looking for something similar? View our Skill Builders or Teacher Resources sections to find more teacher supplies items similar to STEAM Project-Based Learning Activity Book - Grade 6.
- This item may also be listed in our school supplies store catalog with item IDs .
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $44.95
Special Price $43.59
Regular Price: $19.99
Special Price $19.39